SCP 24: £21,962 pro rata for 20 hours per week
Abigail Housing provides supported housing to individuals at the end of the asylum process. This includes new refugees who have been made homeless after leaving Home Office accommodation and refused asylum seekers who cannot safely return to their country of origin.
We have an established volunteering programme in place and are looking for a part time worker to sustain and further develop the programme across both client groups. The programme aims to enhance the support provided to our residents, extend our reach into communities and the day to day operation of the charity.
Working between our Bradford and Leeds offices, this post will initially be for 12 months.
All shortlisted applicants must have the following:
– Experience of recruiting, training, inducting and supervising volunteers
– A full UK driving licence and use of a vehicle for work
– Interest in and sympathy for the needs of asylum seekers and refugees
– Good written and spoken English
We regret that our current office premises are unsuitable for individuals with limited mobility. The post is not suitable for home working.
For more information, please contact Barry Roberts on 07734 848792
– Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 21st May
– Interviews will take place on Friday 1st June (Please contact us if you want to apply but are unable to make that date)