We greatly value our volunteers at Abigail Housing and appreciate organisations like ours would struggle to exist without support from them. If you would like to become one of our valued volunteers please get in touch with our offices. We may have specific needs currently which staff can tell you about. Alternatively if you have a vision for work you feel gifted to do we are open to proposals. To get you started her are some of the on-going roles we need your support for:
- Housing support – can you regularly volunteer a day or half a day a week to provide housing related support to refugees in Leeds
- Gardening volunteer- Can you donate a couple hours a week tidying up some of our gardens and supervising residents who wish to help?
- House Champions- We need people to ‘adopt’ a property, you would be a point of contact for the residents to help them with personal issues as well as pass on house maintenance needs to staff.
- Food collector and distributor- In our Bradford project we collect food every other week. We would need someone able-bodied with a car to help us do this.
- Admin and finance support -Help us keep our accounts upto date
- IT support
If you would like to volunteer or would like some more information please contact St. Clair 07802 723066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Abigail we have a great team of volunteer directors and committee members. These individuals are passionate about our work and have expertise knowledge and experience which contributes to the running of our projects. If you feel you could offer support in this way to our project and can see yourself in this role please contact Neal Heard on 0113 8980574 or email email@example.com.
We have current needs on our board for individuals with the following areas of expertise:
- Finance & accountancy
- Housing law & practice