We greatly value our volunteers at Abigail Housing and appreciate the essential part they play in enabling us to continue to help and support asylum seekers and refugees in our region. If you would like to become one of our valued volunteers please get in touch with our Volunteer Development Worker, Maggie on 07802723066 or email her on email@example.com
We can tell you about the roles which we currently need to fill. Alternatively, if you have a vision for work you feel gifted to do, we are open to proposals. To get you started her are some of the on-going roles we need your support for:
- URGENT need for a gym supervisor in Bradford on Wednesday pm.
- Gardening volunteer- Can you donate a couple hours a week tidying up some of our gardens and supervising residents who wish to help?
- House Champions- We need people to ‘adopt’ a property. You would be a point of contact for the residents to help them with personal issues as well as pass on house maintenance needs to staff.
- Food collector and distributor- In our Bradford project we collect food every other week. We need someone with a car to help us do this.
- IT support
- ESOL Tutor
- House Moves Assistant
- Abigail Ambassador – to help our refugees attend appointments for housing, job searches etc.
- Social Group Planner – help our residents to start a new social group – cooking, skillshare, etc.
At Abigail we have a great team of volunteer directors and committee members. These individuals are passionate about our work and have expertise, knowledge and experience which contributes to the running of our projects. If you feel you could offer support in this way to our project and can see yourself in this role please contact John Hebden.
We have current needs on our board for individuals with the following areas of expertise:
- Finance & accountancy
- Housing law & practice